Cryptocurrency enthusiasts have increasingly used the term metaverse since Facebook rebranded to Meta in early 2022. Metaverses can revolutionize social interaction through the implementation of crypto projects.
In addition, these virtual worlds offer opportunities for in-game monetization and asset ownership.
Looking at the best Metaverse Crypto Projects for 2022 will help you understand this growing area more deeply. This article will focus on their features and potential value in the months and years to come.
What is the Metaverse?
In his 1992 sci-fiction novel Snow Crash, Neal Stephenson coined the term metaverse which has been floating around for a few years.
The Metaverse is a parallel universe to the real world that Stephenson describes in his book. However, it\’s still unclear whether the Metaverse will take on similar characteristics in 2022.
In terms of virtual reality and mixed reality worlds, the Metaverse describes content accessed through a browser or headset that allows for real-time interaction and interaction across distances.
There are virtual worlds in the Metaverse, where people can meet, play games, chat, and shop. With the change of Facebook’s name to Meta, Mark Zuckerberg popularized the term.
Furthermore, he demonstrated a new vision for the Metaverse in which you can instantly engage in a virtual video call.
The 10 Most Interesting Crypto Projects in the Metaverse
In many cases, the coin prices are below $1 in metaverse projects; some are lower than a cent. Therefore, nearly anyone can take advantage of this investment opportunity. Furthermore, not every project is worthy of your investment.
The year 2022 will not be in any favor for some crypto coins, while some may have great potential for success. During the next few years, there will be a rapid increase in interest in the Metaverse – a bridge between the real and virtual worlds.
Further evidence for this can be found in the recent rebranding of Facebook as Meta Platforms.
A metaverse coin should be purchased if it shows performance, utility, financial solid backing, or all three. The following are some of the most promising metaverse cryptocurrencies for 2022.
1:- DECENTRALAND (MANA)
In the Decentraland virtual world, users purchase plots of land that they can later navigate, build upon, and monetize. The Ethereum blockchain powers the platform and allows users to create, experience, and monetize content.
Decentraland is a user-owned, Ethereum-based virtual world where you can play, explore, and interact with games and activities. You can also purchase land to build your environments, marketplaces, and applications.
The number of interactive experiences created on parcels of LAND has vastly increased, from interactive games to sprawling 3D scenes.
MANA and LAND are the two tokens used by Decentraland. LAND is a non-fungible ERC-721 token that burning MANA can acquire, an ERC-20 permit. The Decentraland marketplace also accepts MANA tokens for avatars, wearables, names, and more.
- A new artistic medium, business opportunity, or source of entertainment is built into Decentraland for content creators, businesses, and individuals.
- Among the growing number of projects that use decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs) to govern themselves, Decentraland is one of them.
- Besides being creative outlets and leasing their LAND, Decentraland users monetize their LAND through advertising, in-app purchases, and paid experiences.
2:- THE SANDBOX (SAND)
With its blockchain-based virtual world, The Sandbox from Pixowl allows users to build, buy, and sell digital assets. Sandbox creates a decentralized gaming community through a combination of decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs) and non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
Introducing blockchain technology into mainstream gaming is the primary mission of Sandbox. The platform allows users to simultaneously be creators and gamers through its \”play-to-earn\” model.
By introducing the SAND utility token, the Sandbox leverages the power of blockchain technology. One of the driving forces behind The Sandbox is Arthur Madrid, co-founder, and CEO of Pixowl.
- Sandbox incorporates blockchain technology into gaming, making it a unique platform.
- Users content contributes to the further development of the Sandbox, which creates a metaverse of players involved.
- In addition, the Sandbox promotes decentralized governance, which allows users to contribute their ideas and viewpoints.
3:- AXIE INFINITY (ACC)
As part of the blockchain-based trading and battling game Axie Infinity, its players are also part owners and operators. There are different attributes and strengths associated with each Axie, and the winning team gets to experience (exp) points to level up or evolve their bodies. Each Axie is a non-fungible token (NFT), which can compete in 3v3 battles.
In the Axie marketplace, you can purchase or sell offspring produced by breeding these Axis. As a technology-focused game developer based in Vietnam, Sky Mavis founded Axie Infinity in 2018. Aleksander Larsen and Trung Nguyen co-founded it.
Currently, Trung Nguyen serves as the AXIE CEO. As a software engineer at Anduin Transactions before founding Axie Infinity, Nguyen graduated with a bachelor’s degree in computer engineering.
- The Axie can only be bred a maximum of seven times compared to other blockchain-based battling and breeding games.
- Regular rewards will soon be available for holders of the AXS token.
- There are 270 million Axie Infinity (AXS) tokens in circulation. As of mid-November 2020, approximately 53.5 million tickets were in circulation.
4:- GALA (GALA)
By giving players back control of their games, Gala Games aims to change the way the gaming industry works. Gala Games aims to develop blockchain games that players will enjoy.
The project aims to reduce the number of hours played in games and stop players from spending hundreds of dollars on in-game assets, which can be taken from them anytime.
Players can use blockchain technology to take control of games and in-game assets, reintroducing creative thinking to games. A Gala Games ecosystem allows players to own and influence non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
Players can influence Gala’s development and funding of games through the Founder’s Nodes voting mechanism. Gala Games uses GALA – its utility token – in addition to NFTs for specific games.
- There are many different blockchain games available at Gala Games, and they place fun before the blockchain.
- Gala Games’ community on Discord constantly engages and tests assumptions. Players can shape game design and direction in this way.
- Featuring three proof systems – proof of work (PoW), proof of stake (PoS), and evidence of storage (PoS), Gala Node offers a triple-proof node system.
5:- ENJIN COIN (ENJ)
Enjin Coin is part of the Enjin gaming ecosystem, a blockchain-based platform offering related products. In addition to hosting virtual item stores, Enjin Network also lets users create websites and clans.
By tokenizing in-game items on Ethereum, Enjin allows game developers to enhance their games. As a result, items sold, purchased, and traded on the platform are backed by Enjin Coin, an ERC-20 token. In June 2018, Enjin Coin launched on the Ethereum main net after being announced in July 2017.
Blockchain assets like non-fungible tokens (NFTs) are backed by Enjin Coin (ENJ), a digital store of value. ENJ is a minting resource locked inside NFTs, which is removed from circulation when assets are minted with the Enjin Platform.
- The Enjin blockchain ecosystem allows you to develop, trade, monetize, and market blockchains with software products.
- A smart contract is used to mint ERC-1155 tokens for Enjin Coin, which game developers send.
- Enjin Coin uses several off-chain and on-chain processes.
6:- BLOKTOPIA (BLOK)
The Bloktopia metaverse is backed and built on the Polygon platform. Using Bloktopia, users can access crypto information and immersive content from a decentralized virtual reality skyscraper with 21 levels (as a tribute to 21 million bitcoins).
Bloktopia allows users to learn crypto basics and more advanced techniques, earn revenue through virtual real estate ownership, play games, and build networks.
Furthermore, a dedicated NFT mechanism allows advertisers and sponsors to monetize the platform’s userbase. Finally, the VR experience provides an immersive environment that enables users to engage in the four core pillars of Bloktopia: learn, earn, play, and create.
In addition to his work at BT Group and Sky, Paddy Carrol is the company’s CMO and co-founder. With over 25 years of experience in commercial development, CTO Simon Benson and CIO Libby Rothwell, each with over 15 years of film industry experience, round out the team.
- With several elements on the platform, Bloktopia aims to create a highly engaging user experience.
- On the first floor of Bloktopia’s skyscraper are 21 large totems and 84 more minor totems called ADBLOCK.
- On the marketplace, Bloktopians can purchase avatars and build personalized versions of the Metaverse using BLOK.
7:- The META HERO (HERO)
With Metahero, you can create 3D avatars and virtual objects for use across social media, games, fashion, art, and medicine using a non-inflationary actual utility token.
Metcatalyzings to take cryptocurrency adoption to the next level by catalyzing our evolution into a parallel digital universe. The Meta Hero will gain its mission to enhance its goal in the future.
The Metahero goal promotes met scanning, which entails scanning real-life objects and transforming them into good avatars. Using Metahero as a bridge between the digital and the natural world will revolutionize the industry.
Metahero’s technology uniquely connects artwork, entrepreneurs, and gamers. It employs real-world business applications across social media and art through its native token, HERO. Metahero pioneers a revolutionary metal scanning technology with some of the best graphic rendering capabilities.
- Metahero will offer more than 100,000 people the opportunity to scan themselves or other items each year with 12 3D chambers across the globe.
- With approximately 2.7 billion gamers worldwide, most of whom use cryptocurrencies, Metahero’s earning potential will be multiplied.
- The cost of scanning will decrease as the adoption of Metahero’s metal scanners grows. The project will also generate revenue from 3D NFT generation fees and marketplace transaction fees.
8:- EPIK PRIME (EPIK)
The largest digital ecosystem with hundreds of the world’s most popular entertainment brands, Epik makes premium digital items and experiences for over one billion gamers worldwide with the largest NFT licensing technology company.
Using an interoperable proprietary cross-chain technology, EPIK creates exclusive digital collectibles, NFTs, and digital experiences powered by a leading blockchain company. Among all NFT companies, EPIK was the only one to make any deals with AAA gaming companies. Additionally, Epik has only done NFT deals with top AAA gaming companies. In terms of mainstream gaming companies incorporating blockchain technology, Epik leads the world.
- The radical idea behind EPIK is that anyone – anywhere – should have easy access to all of their digital items.
- A game, VR space, and metaverse network can communicate with each other and form the Epikverse.
- Using collaborations between brands and digital platforms, EPIK items offer new immersive experiences for you to enjoy.
9. STAR ATLAS (ATLAS)
A virtual gaming metaverse is the setting for Star Atlas, an online massively multiplayer game. Featuring cinema-quality, real-time environments, the game is built on Unreal Engine 5.
Three significant factions are emerging and competing for control and resources in 2620 in Star Atlas: MUD represents humankind, ONI represents alien races, and Ustur represents sentient androids.
Different genres are combined in the game. The game involves parts strategy because you have to devise action plans for interacting with other players and factions. A large number of stars in the game allow for exploration and exploitation, which is part of its appeal.
- So far, the Star Atlas universe will serve as a governance token in space cities and governance decisions regarding the game.
- Through first-person flight, players can explore these stars independently. A role-playing game also allows players to mine resources for revenue streams.
10:- REDFOX (RFOX)
The underlying vision of RFOX is to become the global leader in immersive metaverse experiences focusing on retail, media, gaming, and rewards. In the FOX metaverse ecosystem, the RFOX token fuels the immersive technology and the RFOX token.
As the key driver of RFOX’s immersive technology and metaverse ecosystem, RFOX is a digital asset. With more chain integrations on the way, RFOX is currently available on Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain, and WAX.
Using this Metaverse, users can sign up quickly, earn rewards for engaging, and access the digital economy without having to meet a meeting many features.
- Enhancing the digital economy’s ability to onboard more clients
- Reducing the number of people excluded from tech solutions.
- Engaging participants who add value to the ecosystem by creating immersive products and services.
Selecting the best Metaverse Crypto Project
This list of the best Metaverse Crypto Projects to invest in 2022 has quite a few options for you to choose from, so you might feel overwhelmed at this stage.
There will be more and more options available as the Metaverse develops and as time goes on. However, it would be best if you stuck with articles such as these, where you know that we\’ve done our research and selected the best crypto coins in the Metaverse.
You don’t need to buy every single one of the best metaverse crypto coins we listed on our list of the best Metaverse Crypto Projects to invest in 2022 before you find the one that suits your needs. To know more about metaverse crypto projects, visit our official page.
With roll up sleeves, dive in and get the job done approach, it was in the year 2010 when Sahil started Parangat Technologies. Emphasizing a healthy work culture and technology-driven company, he has successfully created a workplace where people love to work and live. He is a software engineer and a passionate blockchain enthusiast.