The cloud-native environment is an ever-evolving landscape of technologies, platforms, and architectures. Low-code app development is becoming increasingly popular to develop applications and reduce time to market rapidly. It allows users to quickly create powerful applications without writing any code. The low-code app development market is rapidly growing, with many analysts projecting significant growth in the coming years. Here is a statistics on low-code development market size.
This article examines the role of low code within the broader context of cloud-native environments and how it can be used to build more powerful applications faster than ever before. Also, it will cover the best Cloud-native low-code application development Platform.
Cloud Native Development Challenges
Cloud technology enables businesses to be faster and more agile in a digital world that is evolving quickly. However, IT businesses must modify their development procedures for the cloud. These are some difficulties they must keep in mind:
1. High Cost
Yes, the cost of running cloud-native applications can be high, especially if the application needs to be optimised for the cloud and runs on expensive resources. This can be due to many factors, such as high traffic, resource over-provisioning, and inefficient use of cloud services. To mitigate these costs, developers can use cost management tools, optimise their applications for the cloud, and use cost-efficient resources.
2. Skills Shortage
The skill shortage can be a challenge for cloud-native application development. Cloud-native technologies and practices, such as containers, kubernetes, and microservices, are relatively new and specialised, and not all developers have experience with them.
This can make it difficult for organisations to find and hire developers with the necessary skills to build and maintain cloud-native applications. Additionally, as cloud technologies are constantly evolving, developers must continuously update their skills to keep up with the latest developments.
3. Web Services Growth
As web services become increasingly popular, the demand for scalable and resilient cloud-native applications is growing. The challenge is to design, develop, and deploy these applications in a way that can handle a large number of requests and scale seamlessly as the traffic increases. For instance, with over 290 K+ platform combinations available in Azure, it might be challenging for software developers to decide which ones to use or even where to begin.
4. Larger Enterprise Portfolios
As organisations modernise their old applications and adopt cloud-native technologies, they often have to manage many different applications and services, each with unique requirements and dependencies. This can make it challenging to ensure that all the applications are properly integrated, secured, and compliant with organisational policies and industry standards.
Here is a graph which is depicting the top challenges faced with respect to cloud-native development:
Using a Low-Code Cloud Platform to Overcome the Challenges of Cloud Development
Cloud development can be challenging for many organisations. Thus, using a low-code cloud platform could be the perfect solution to make the application process smoother and better. Let us understand how a low-code platform can help organisations overcome the difficulties of cloud development.
1. Simplified Development Process
Developers can quickly and easily create applications on a powerful cloud infrastructure by providing an intuitive visual interface. Also, it provides a user-friendly interface and drag-and-drop functionality, making it easy for non-technical users to create and deploy applications.
2. Faster Development Time
This significantly reduces development time and eliminates costly errors that often occur in manual coding. With low-code platforms, organisations can create sophisticated applications without sacrificing speed or quality – enabling them to build smarter solutions faster than ever!
Low-code solutions provide powerful tools for streamlining the development process while significantly reducing costs associated with personnel, equipment, and training needs. By using a low-code cloud platform, companies can take advantage of the speed and agility of the cloud without breaking their budget.
Low code can easily scale to accommodate growing users and data, making them ideal for large-scale enterprise applications. Its approach is empowering companies to stay one step ahead in today’s competitive market by allowing them to respond rapidly to changes while maintaining control over their IT systems at scale.
5. Integration Capabilities
Low-code cloud platforms typically offer a wide range of built-in integrations with other cloud services, such as databases, storage, and third-party APIs. This can help overcome the challenges of cloud development by connecting different parts of the application and making access to the data easy.
It is cloud-native, allowing for easy deployment and management of applications in a cloud environment. A low-code cloud platform eliminates manual coding and allows developers to easily build cloud-native applications without worrying about complex code or infrastructure management.
Low-code cloud platforms offer unparalleled security features such as built-in authentication methods and data encryption so businesses can feel confident when using them for their application needs. It can protect data and applications from potential threats.
Automation is key in this process, allowing developers to quickly develop robust cloud apps without manually coding every line. This means complex tasks such as managing data storage, system integration, and application lifecycle management can be automated without sacrificing efficiency.
Low-code cloud platforms enable collaboration between teams from different departments – allowing them to work together towards a common goal efficiently.
Low-code cloud platforms offer flexibility in overcoming the challenges of cloud development. Allowing for rapid prototyping and development, supporting multiple languages, and enabling integration with other cloud services are some ways in which low-code platforms can provide flexibility.
How Does Low-Code Support a Cloud-Native Program?
Cloud-native programs offer unprecedented scalability, allowing businesses to quickly and easily scale their offerings as needed. But building a cloud-native program can be a daunting task for many developers. That’s where low-code solutions come in! Let us understand how low code supports a cloud-native program.
1. Discovery & Evolution
Low-code platforms can support a cloud-native program through discovery and evolution by providing a way to quickly and easily discover and prototype new ideas and then evolve them into full-fledged applications. The simplified development process and integration capabilities of low-code platforms make it easy to discover and test new ideas. In contrast, the scalability and flexibility of these platforms allow for the easy evolution of these ideas into production-ready applications. This can be implemented by following this process:
- During the discovery phase, low-code platforms allow quick prototyping and testing of new ideas without requiring extensive coding or technical expertise. This helps to quickly validate new ideas’ feasibility and potential success, allowing teams to focus their efforts on the most promising opportunities.
- Once an idea has been validated, low-code platforms can be used to evolve it into an application easily. The drag-and-drop functionality and pre-built templates and modules of low-code platforms make it easy to develop and deploy applications quickly. In contrast, the integration capabilities of these platforms allow for seamless data exchange and automation.
- The low-code platform’s cloud-native nature allows for easy deployment and management of the application in a cloud environment, which is the key factor for the cloud-native program.
2. Initial Implementation of Product Applications
Low-code platforms offer a fast and effective way to develop and deploy cloud-native apps, supporting a cloud-native program through the initial implementation of product applications. There are several ways in which the initial implementation of product applications using a low-code platform can support a cloud-native program:
Low-code platforms are often designed to support cloud-native architectures, such as microservices and containerisation, which are key characteristics of cloud-native applications.
Low-code platforms can help automate the deployment process, making it easy to quickly get applications into production and reduce the time it takes to get new products to market.
Low-code platforms often include built-in support for integrating with other cloud services, such as databases, storage, and messaging services, which is important for building cloud-native applications that can take advantage of the full range of cloud services.
Low-code platforms can ensure that applications are scalable and can automatically handle changes in traffic and load, which is a key characteristic of cloud-native applications.
Monitoring And Logging
Low-code platforms often include built-in support for monitoring and logging, which can help to improve the overall reliability and maintainability of cloud-native applications.
3. Broad Implementation of Production Applications
Low-code platforms can be broadly implemented to support a wide range of production applications in a cloud-native program. Some examples include:
Web And Mobile Applications
Low-code platforms can quickly create and deploy web and mobile applications optimised for cloud environments.
Low-code platforms can create and deploy microservices, which are small, independent, and focused services that can be easily deployed and scaled in cloud environments.
Low-code platforms can be used to create and deploy IoT applications that can take advantage of the scalability and flexibility of cloud environments.
Low-code platforms can create and deploy data-driven applications that can take advantage of cloud environments’ big data and analytics capabilities.
Low-code platforms can be used to create and deploy integration solutions that connect different cloud services, which can help improve a cloud-native program’s overall efficiency.
Low-code platforms can create and deploy integration solutions that connect different cloud services, which can help improve a cloud-native program’s overall efficiency.
Here is a statistic that shows the percentage of New Applications developed in Low Code.
Best Low-Code Platform for Building Cloud-Native Apps
In today’s business world, the demand for reliable and secure cloud-native applications is greater than ever. Developers are thus switching to low-code platforms to help them create these applications quickly without sacrificing quality or security. Mendix and Outsystems are two leading low-code platforms dedicated to helping developers build cloud-native apps with minimal coding.
Mendix is the future of low-code development software! With its low level of technical complexity, Mendix has completely revolutionised how companies develop software. Its intuitive platform simplifies the entire development process from start to finish, allowing anyone to quickly launch an impressive business application in no time at all. Plus, its scalability makes it ideal for businesses of any size – whether you’re just starting or expanding your existing operations, Mendix can help you achieve your goals!
What Helps Mendix in the Cloud World?
Mendix, a low-code platform for application development, helps organisations in the cloud world by providing the following benefits:
- Rapid application development: Mendix allows developers to quickly build and deploy applications without extensive coding, reducing the time and resources required for the development.
- Flexibility: Mendix can create web, mobile, and IoT applications and integrate them with various other systems and technologies.
- Scalability: Mendix applications can easily be scaled to meet the changing needs of an organisation, making it well-suited for cloud deployment.
- Cloud-native: Mendix is a cloud-native platform, which means it is designed to run on cloud infrastructure and take advantage of cloud-based services and capabilities.
- Multi-cloud support: Mendix supports deployment on multiple cloud platforms, such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud, allowing organisations to choose the platform that best meets their needs.
- Security: Mendix provides built-in security features and compliance with various regulations, making it easy for organisations to secure their applications when running on the cloud.
Outsystems is innovative low-code development software that enables businesses to quickly create, deploy and manage enterprise applications faster than ever before without writing code from scratch. Its intuitive drag-and-drop interface makes it easy for anyone, regardless of experience level, to build modern digital experiences with just a few clicks. Outsystems also ensures no need to worry about tedious manual deployments since it automatically takes care of all deployment processes in real time.
What Helps Outsystems in the Cloud World?
Outsystems platform helps organisations in the cloud world by providing the following benefits:
- Scalability: Outsystems allow for easy scaling of applications in the cloud, ensuring they can handle increased traffic and usage without interruption.
- Flexibility: Outsystems allows developers to build applications that can be deployed on any cloud platform, giving organisations the flexibility to choose the best option for their needs.
- Security: Outsystems include built-in security features such as user authentication and authorisation, data encryption, and application monitoring, helping to keep applications and data security in the cloud.
- Integration: Outsystems allow for easy integration with other cloud services, such as storage and analytics, making it simple to add additional functionality to applications.
- Low-code development: Outsystems uses a low-code development approach, which allows for faster development and deployment of applications in the cloud, reducing the time and resources required.
- Continuous delivery: Outsystems support continuous delivery, allowing faster and more efficient updates and maintenance of applications in the cloud.
- Cost-effectiveness: Outsystems allow for the development of cost-effective applications in the cloud, reducing the need for expensive infrastructure and maintenance.
Low-Code Platform: The New Era Of Application Development
To sum up, Low-Code offers an exciting solution to many challenges facing cloud-native environments. Low-Code promises to make complex tasks simpler and more efficient by allowing developers to quickly and easily build powerful applications. Low-Code solutions are secure, cost-effective, and scalable, making them ideal for cloud-native environments. Additionally, they offer a fast development cycle that allows organisations to innovate quickly and stay competitive in their respective markets.
Parangat Technologies is an innovative mobile app development company poised to revolutionise the industry. They are passionate about creating a world-class user experience that is both intuitive and engaging. With the help of their experienced professionals and modern technologies, they have consistently delivered high-quality solutions for their clients. Working with Parangat Technologies ensures you get an unparalleled service in terms of process, design, and development.
With roll up sleeves, dive in and get the job done approach, it was in the year 2010 when Sahil started Parangat Technologies. Emphasizing a healthy work culture and technology-driven company, he has successfully created a workplace where people love to work and live. He is a software engineer and a passionate blockchain enthusiast.